Lifetime Achievement Award
The Cleaning Equipment Trade Association (CETA) established the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 to recognize those who have achieved excellence in the Pressure Cleaning Industry and to honor those who have made significant contributions.
Nominee must have made a significant contribution to the industry and will continue to distinguish their work in the improvement of our industry.
The prestigious CETA Life Time Achievement Award honors an individual or individuals who have made significant contributions to the pressure cleaning industry. The CETA Board of Directors is pleased to present this year’s honorees with this award for their many achievements and contributions to the Pressure Cleaning Industry.
Please contact Awards Chair, CETA, with suggested nominations and requests for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Tibboles — Current Winner
Charles was born and raised in the small town of Bellevue, Ohio where he still resides with his wife Sheryl of 45 years. They have two children and six grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys camping, boating and fishing. He loves to travel and enjoys spending time with his family and friends, especially the grandchildren, where fishing is a competition that the grandchildren like to brag about catching bigger fish than he does.
Getting to college took some initiative on the part of the Buckeye State native. “Back when I sent to school, they didn’t do all of the career counseling that they do today.” He got a lot of encouragement from his Mother’s side of the family as they were all educators. Charles worked his way through college and got a mechanical engineering degree. After college, Tibboles went right to work for an industrial company, Johnson Corporation. In time, he had the opportunity to join his current employer the R.W. Beckett Corporation in June of 1977. In 1979, Tibboles employer expanded its offerings to include power washing equipment that relies on oil burners as a power source. That exciting venture added a strong component to the company and also led to new chances for Charles to tap and build on his talents. Research and development has always had a special place in Charles’s heart. In the Thirty-nine years he has worked for Beckett he has been involved with research and development as well as sales for the pressure washer industry. Developing friendships and professional relationships is invigorating and gratifying to Charles. So too is helping customers meet unique needs.
Charles has served and dedicated his time serving on the board of directors, the foundation and countless committees over the last 26 years for CETA. If is only fitting that he joins the ranks of the distinguished members of the CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients.
Past CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
- 1995 Walter Malsbury Walters Manufacturing
- 1996 Jack Simpson Simpson Company
- 1997 Jim Coleman Mobile Sales & Service
- 1998 Jerry Alexander KO Manufacturing
- 1999 Gene Bowling Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2000 Dwayne & Gale Whitmire Whitco, Inc.
- 2001 Michael Christopherson General Pump Inc.
- 2002 William Bruggeman Cat Pumps
- 2003 Larry LintonLanda Water Cleaning Systems
- 2004 Charelen Laymon Hotsy Bay Area
- 2005 Cliff and Betty McGinty General Equipment Company
Royce Rasmussen Royce Industries LLC
- 2006 Charlene Yarbrough Advantage Publishing
- 2007 James A. Scott Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2008 Joe Prosser J Prosser Enterprises
- 2009 Ben Benefield Etowah Chemical Sales and Service Inc
- 2010 Bob Griswold Apache Industrial Cleaning Systems
- 2011 Bob Farley Farley’s Inc.
- 2012 A.J. Speigel Mi-T-M Coproration
- 2014 Roy & Linda Chappell Chappell Supply & Equipment Co.
John Sr & Brenda Purswell Alklean Industries, Inc.
- 2015 Ralph A. Notch AR North America, Inc.
- 2016Charles Tibboles R.W. Beckett
CETA Community Service Award 2016
CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. and Company President Rodney Adkins
In 2004, Rodney Adkins and the Adkins Family established the Mamie Adkins Educational Fund to benefit members of the Tabernacle Baptist Church in Rockfish, NC. Mamie Adkins was the matriarch of the family and an active member of the Tabernacle Baptist Church for more than 40 years. The education fund was established in 2004 to celebrate the memory of Mrs. Adkins and to provide financial assistance to eligible church members seeking higher education. The fund honors a woman that raised 9 children as a single Mother. She loved her church & she delighted in young people – this fund reflects that love & the appreciation of the church that Mamie Adkins called home.
The students that receive this scholarship fund are forever linked to the Life that she led. The Mamie Adkins Educational Fund has now awarded more than $37,000 in Scholarships and continues to annually fund recipients that meet the criterion. Lending a hand to another in need is what this education fund is all about. CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. is the presenting sponsor of the 12th Annual Mamie Adkins Charity Golf Tournament, the primary fundraising activity that benefits the Education Fund. CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. has served as the presenting sponsor of the Mamie Adkins Educational Golf Tournament every year since its inception in 2004. Rodney and all of the CTS employees work year around to make the golf tournament a success. Whether it’s through soliciting sponsors or recruiting players, the employees of CTS dedicate their time and energy to making the Mamie Adkins Golf Tournament a success. Employees also participate in the tournament every year either as players or as volunteers. They willingly volunteer their time to benefit this worthy cause.
Community Service Award History
- 1994 RGF Environmental Systems Inc West Palm Beach, FL
- 1995 Royce Industries LC Salt Lake City, UT
Royce & Julie Rasmussen
- 1996 Landa, Inc. Portland, OR
- 1997 Steam Cleaners, Inc. Fresno, CA
- 1998 Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 1999 Elite Manufacturing Corp. Decatur, AR
- 2000 Pressure Systems Industries Phoenix, AZ
- 2001 Beaver of Wisconsin Plover, WI
- 2002 Bozeman Distributors Baton Rouge, LA
- 2003 Not awarded
- 2004 A.J. Spiegel, Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 2005 Sioux Corporation Beresford, SD
- 2006 Alfred Karcher GmbH Company Germany
- 2007 Pat Wingen, Aaladin Cleaning Systems, Inc. Elk Point, SD
- 2016 Rodney Adkins – CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. Fayetteville, NC