Lifetime Achievement Award
The Cleaning Equipment Trade Association (CETA) established the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 to recognize those who have achieved excellence in the Pressure Cleaning Industry and to honor those who have made significant contributions.
Nominee must have made a significant contribution to the industry and will continue to distinguish their work in the improvement of our industry.
The prestigious CETA Life Time Achievement Award honors an individual or individuals who have made significant contributions to the pressure cleaning industry. The CETA Board of Directors is pleased to present this year’s honorees with this award for their many achievements and contributions to the Pressure Cleaning Industry.
Please contact Awards Chair, CETA, with suggested nominations and requests for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient – Mr. Patrick G. Wingen
Mr. Patrick G. Wingen
Pat made his mark in the pressure washing industry as CEO of AaLadin Industries, guiding the company in growth and innovation, and in serving as the first president of CETA (Cleaning Equipment Trade Association). After receiving his bachelor’s degree at South Dakota State
University in Brookings, SD, and his MBA at the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD, he joined the industry working at Alkota. Shortly thereafter, in 1981, Pat joined with Bill Busker and Eldean Kjose to create AaLadin Cleaning Systems. Their goal was to build the best quality
equipment with a new design and easy serviceability.
Over the years Pat started and grew several other companies, including Steel Eagle Inc.,
making pressure washer accessories, such as hose reels, surface spinners, undercarriage cleaners,
vacuum systems, and more.
In April of 1994 he was named the South Dakota Small Business Man of the Year.
AaLadin was at the forefront in many industry advances, including these features:
- Quick-change coil design—a vertical heat chamber with a lift-out coil
- Two-piece coil design with cold- water wrap and helical coil
- Bucket insulation
- Rotational molded fuel tanks
- Poly float tanks
- Diagnostic control panel for flow, temperature, and fuel
- Flat-free tires
- Swivel front casters
- High efficiency heat chamber
- Stainless steel wrappers, belt guards, and control panels
- Self-contained pod assembly for pickups
- GFCI cord assembly
Pat Wingen’s legacy was shown by the outpouring of gratitude and respect at Pat’s funeral. “The number of people, the stories, and the appreciation they had show his character. His impact even outside of business was astounding,” shares his son Chris.
Past CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
- 1995 Walter Malsbury Walters Manufacturing
- 1996 Jack Simpson Simpson Company
- 1997 Jim Coleman Mobile Sales & Service
- 1998 Jerry Alexander KO Manufacturing
- 1999 Gene Bowling Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2000 Dwayne & Gale Whitmire Whitco, Inc.
- 2001 Michael Christopherson General Pump Inc.
- 2002 William Bruggeman Cat Pumps
- 2003 Larry Linton Landa Water Cleaning Systems
- 2004 Charelen Laymon Hotsy Bay Area
- 2005 Cliff and Betty McGinty General Equipment Company
Royce Rasmussen Royce Industries LLC
- 2006 Charlene Yarbrough Advantage Publishing
- 2007 James A. Scott Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2008 Jim Prosser J Prosser Enterprises
- 2009 Ben Benefield Etowah Chemical Sales and Service Inc
- 2010 Bob Griswold Apache Industrial Cleaning Systems
- 2011 Bob Farley Farley’s Inc.
- 2012 A.J. Speigel Mi-T-M Coproration
- 2013 Roy & Linda Chappell Chappell Supply & Equipment Co.
John Sr & Brenda Purswell Alklean Industries, Inc.
- 2014Gary Scott Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2015 Ralph A. Notch AR North America, Inc.
- 2016Charles Tibboles R.W. Beckett
- 2017 Tim & Karen Layden High PSI
- 2018 Dr. Marlo Dean Karcher NA
Mr. Roger Walz Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2019 Gregg Brodsky Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2020 Patrick G. Wingen Aaladin Cleaning Systems
CETA Distinguished Service Award
Past Distinguished Service Award Winners
- 1986 B. H “Bud” Benson L & A Products
- 1987 William Lindsay L & A Products
- 1988 Robert Borden
- 1989 John L. Roy
- 1990 Warren Jarvis
- 1991 Patrick Wingen AaLadin Cleaning Systems
- 1992 Charlene Laymon Always Under Pressure
- 1993 Ben Benefield Etowah Chemicals Sales & Service
- 1994 Larry Linton Landa Inc
- 1995 Dave Wyett Kleen Quip
- 1996 Mark Adams Hydro-Blast Inc
- 1997 ORIX Credit Alliance Inc.
- 1998 Tom Martin Elite Manufacturing Corp.
- 2000 Roy Chappell Chappell Supply & Equipment
- 2002 Charlene Yarbrough Advantage Publishing
- 2003 Robert Griswold Apache Industrial Cleaning Equipment
- 2005 Paul Lombard Service One LC
- 2006 Karl Loeffelholz Mi-T-M Corporation
- 2007 R. Calvin Rasmussen Royce Industries, L.C.
- 2017 Gary Weidner
- 2019 Dick Johnson Alkota Cleaning Systems
Paul Linton Karcher NA
Community Service Award
Community Service Award History
- 1994 RGF Environmental Systems Inc West Palm Beach, FL
- 1995 Royce Industries LC Salt Lake City, UT
Royce & Julie Rasmussen
- 1996 Landa, Inc. Portland, OR
- 1997 Steam Cleaners, Inc. Fresno, CA
- 1998 Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 1999 Elite Manufacturing Corp. Decatur, AR
- 2000 Pressure Systems Industries Phoenix, AZ
- 2001 Beaver of Wisconsin Plover, WI
- 2002 Bozeman Distributors Baton Rouge, LA
- 2003 Not awarded
- 2004 A.J. Spiegel, Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 2005 Sioux Corporation Beresford, SD
- 2006 Alfred Karcher GmbH Company Germany
- 2007 Pat Wingen, Aaladin Cleaning Systems, Inc. Elk Point, SD
- 2016 Rodney Adkins – CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. Fayetteville, NC