Lifetime Achievement Award
The Cleaning Equipment Trade Association (CETA) established the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 to recognize those who have achieved excellence in the Pressure Cleaning Industry and to honor those who have made significant contributions.
Nominee must have made a significant contribution to the industry and will continue to distinguish their work in the improvement of our industry.
The prestigious CETA Life Time Achievement Award honors an individual or individuals who have made significant contributions to the pressure cleaning industry. The CETA Board of Directors is pleased to present this year’s honorees with this award for their many achievements and contributions to the Pressure Cleaning Industry.
Please contact Awards Chair, CETA, with suggested nominations and requests for information at email@example.com.
2022 CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient – Mr. Terry Murray
Mr. Terry Murray
Dear Fellow CETA Board of Directors,
It is with great pleasure that I nominate Terry Murray for the 2022 CETA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Terry has 48 years’ experience in the cleaning industry beginning June 4th, 1974, working for Beaver Sales and Service in Alabama. Terry started in delivery and worked his way to manager for their Birmingham location until Beaver sold to Quaker State in 1980. Etowah Chemical Sales and Service was established immediately with five employees offering industrial strength cleaning chemicals and equipment. Since 1980 in addition to their manufacturing plant where they private label chemicals for customers across North America, they have nine locations across Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. He has worked side by side with Mike Turner in building the great company it is today.
Terry is always willing to listen to customers cleaning challenges and used his personal experiences to educate, train, and mentor customers as well his employees. Always learning new cleaning techniques and evaluating proper procedures to advance our cleaning industry.
Terry joined CETA in 1991 and served on CETA’s board of directors from 2010-2013 serving as President in 2013. He also served on the Membership & Executive committees as well as the CETA Education Foundation board of trustees from 2015-2021. He also served on the Alkota Distributor Council in 1992. Terry has always been actively involved with his community, serving on the board of directors of Council on Aging, donating time and sponsorships to many other non-profits in Etowah County.
Terry is a devoted husband to his wife Debbie and an awesome father to his sons and grandfather to his grandchildren.
My personal experiences with Terry have all been positive and I appreciate his integrity, mentorship, as well as leadership and dedication to our cleaning industry.
Past CETA Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
- 1995 Walter Malsbury Walters Manufacturing
- 1996 Jack Simpson Simpson Company
- 1997 Jim Coleman Mobile Sales & Service
- 1998 Jerry Alexander KO Manufacturing
- 1999 Gene Bowling Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2000 Dwayne & Gale Whitmire Whitco, Inc.
- 2001 Michael Christopherson General Pump Inc.
- 2002 William Bruggeman Cat Pumps
- 2003 Larry Linton Landa Water Cleaning Systems
- 2004 Charelen Laymon Hotsy Bay Area
- 2005 Cliff and Betty McGinty General Equipment Company
Royce Rasmussen Royce Industries LLC
- 2006 Charlene Yarbrough Advantage Publishing
- 2007 James A. Scott Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2008 Jim Prosser J Prosser Enterprises
- 2009 Ben Benefield Etowah Chemical Sales and Service Inc
- 2010 Bob Griswold Apache Industrial Cleaning Systems
- 2011 Bob Farley Farley’s Inc.
- 2012 A.J. Speigel Mi-T-M Coproration
- 2013 Roy & Linda Chappell Chappell Supply & Equipment Co.
John Sr & Brenda Purswell Alklean Industries, Inc.
- 2014Gary Scott Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2015 Ralph A. Notch AR North America, Inc.
- 2016Charles Tibboles R.W. Beckett
- 2017 Tim & Karen Layden High PSI
- 2018 Dr. Marlo Dean Karcher NA
Mr. Roger Walz Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2019 Gregg Brodsky Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 2020 Patrick G. Wingen Aaladin Cleaning Systems
- 2021 Sam Humphrey Mi-T-M Corporation
- 2022 Terry Murray CETA
CETA Distinguished Service Award
2022 Distinguished Service Award Recipient – Ben Hagemann – CEO & GM – American Pressure Inc.
Mr. Ben Hagemann – CEO & GM – American Pressure Inc.
Ben started in the pressure washer industry in high school, and continued while attending the University of Minnesota. After graduating Ben went to work full time at American Pressure, which was owned by his parents Gary and Becky. In addition, he was blessed to marry his wife, Colleen.
Today, Ben owns American Pressure with his brother Josiah. Together they manage the vision of the company and the daily operations. Ben said, “Being surrounded by a great team that makes owning and working at American Pressure fun and rewarding, any award I receive is simply because I am the public face of a hard-working group, and I am blessed beyond what I deserve.”
Professionally Ben has served the industry on the STP for UL 1776 for almost 20 years and served as the chair of the technical committee for CETA. Ben has served on the CETA Board of Directors and as CETA’s president. He just finished 6 years of service on the BOD for the MNS District of the LCMS, is a board member at Camp Omega and the current president of the North Star Boys Choir.
Jack and General Pump have supported CETA since the beginning of the organization. You will always see General Pump on the trade show floor with Jack himself to greet you. For many years, Jack and General Pump have helped to sponsor the CETA Opening Reception that everyone looks forward to attending. It is the one place where all members come together to grab a bite to eat, perhaps share a drink and visit with friends.
Ben and Colleen have four children, two boys and two girls.
Past Distinguished Service Award Winners
- 1986 B. H “Bud” Benson L & A Products
- 1987 William Lindsay L & A Products
- 1988 Robert Borden
- 1989 John L. Roy
- 1990 Warren Jarvis
- 1991 Patrick Wingen AaLadin Cleaning Systems
- 1992 Charlene Laymon Always Under Pressure
- 1993 Ben Benefield Etowah Chemicals Sales & Service
- 1994 Larry Linton Landa Inc
- 1995 Dave Wyett Kleen Quip
- 1996 Mark Adams Hydro-Blast Inc
- 1997 ORIX Credit Alliance Inc.
- 1998 Tom Martin Elite Manufacturing Corp.
- 2000 Roy Chappell Chappell Supply & Equipment
- 2002 Charlene Yarbrough Advantage Publishing
- 2003 Robert Griswold Apache Industrial Cleaning Equipment
- 2005 Paul Lombard Service One LC
- 2006 Karl Loeffelholz Mi-T-M Corporation
- 2007 R. Calvin Rasmussen Royce Industries, L.C.
- 2017 Gary Weidner
- 2019 Dick Johnson Alkota Cleaning Systems
Paul Linton Karcher NA
- 2021 Jack Hill General Pump
- 2022 Ben Hagemann – CEO & GM – American Pressure Inc.
Chad Rasmussen – CFO – Royse Industries, L.C.
2022 Distinguished Service Award Recipient – Mr. Chad Rasmussen – CFO – Royce Industries, L.C.
Mr. Chad Rasmussen – CFO – Royce Industries, L.C.
Chad started in the pressure washing industry in 2009 as the Human Resource Manager at Royce Industries. L.C. a family-owned business that started in 1984. Chad has a bachelor’s degree from Utah Valley University and an MBA from the University of Utah. Today, Chad is CFO of Royce Industries, L.C.
Chad served on the CETA Board of Directors from 2012 and served as Treasurer from 2013-2016 and then President in 2018. Chad put in countless hours and travel in helping CETA transition during his term in which he never complained. His service and dedication to this industry has been infallible, and
second to none.
Chad is the proud father of four daughters, husband of 16 years to Mara. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his girls, going to Utah Football games, and hunting.
Community Service Award
2022 CETA Community Service Award Recipient – Roy Accepting Award from the OKCPD
Mr. Roy Chappell – CEO – Chappell Supply & Equipment Co.
Community has always been important to Roy Chappell, founder of Chappell Supply & Equipment Company. When he heard about Oklahoma City Police Department’s initiatives with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Oklahoma County, he immediately wanted to find a way to get involved. In 2022, 17 bikes were donated to two different precincts as part of Roy’s contribution to OKCPD’s program. The bikes were awarded to children who had done good deeds for their community throughout the year. Even something as simple as being kind to a neighbor or helping someone cross a deserves to be recognized.
When asked why he chose to get involved Roy replied with, “I am grateful to be in a position where I can help. Because anything you do to give back to your community and build it up, just continues to grow it and encourage others to get involved.”
The biggest reason that Roy continues to give back is because of the joy it brings to each of the kids, “I don’t need thanks,” he says, “Just the smile on those kids faces makes it all worthwhile.”
Roy received the Medal of Commendation Award from the Oklahoma Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association for his leadership and commitment to giving.
Past CETA Community Service Award recipients
- 1994 RGF Environmental Systems Inc West Palm Beach, FL
- 1995 Royce Industries LC Salt Lake City, UT
Royce & Julie Rasmussen
- 1996 Landa, Inc. Portland, OR
- 1997 Steam Cleaners, Inc. Fresno, CA
- 1998 Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 1999 Elite Manufacturing Corp. Decatur, AR
- 2000 Pressure Systems Industries Phoenix, AZ
- 2001 Beaver of Wisconsin Plover, WI
- 2002 Bozeman Distributors Baton Rouge, LA
- 2003 Not awarded
- 2004 A.J. Spiegel, Mi-T-M Corporation Peosta, IA
- 2005 Sioux Corporation Beresford, SD
- 2006 Alfred Karcher GmbH Company Germany
- 2007 Pat Wingen, Aaladin Cleaning Systems, Inc. Elk Point, SD
- 2016 Rodney Adkins – CTS Cleaning Systems, Inc. Fayetteville, NC